Saturday, February 2, 2013

YOU LITTLE BOY!

indiaSheana, indiaSheana Blog, India Simpson, Simpson, India, India Simpson Blog, Little Boy, You little Boy, India Simpson Blog on Men, indiaSheana Blog on Women, India Sheana, Sheana, Sheana Simpson
Here I am again being overly observant. Ever notice how men refer to women as girls and how women refer to men as men? This offends me and a lot of men say that I'm silly for being offended. Calling women "girls" is belittling to every grown woman. I'm pretty sure that men wouldn't accept anything less than being called a man.

Of course, I've taken matters into my own hands and started calling grown men "little boys". I wanted to see if men would actually get offended by being called little boys. For starters, I would listen to different conversations between men and every time I heard someone refer to a woman as a girl I would automatically call that man a boy. Simple, right? Almost ever time I did that the men would get offended and put an end to it immediately. One man responded, "why did you call me a boy? I'M A MAN!". Come to find out men really don't like being called boys. As I assumed, men find it belittling when referred to as "boys". This brings me to my next question. Why should women accept being called girls? More importantly, why are women always considered nags when expressing what's offensive?

Do you have the answer? Men rarely express being offended because most of the time they get the respect they deserve. Let's make sense of this. Stop, think about it and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment